Moving home is considered to be one of the most stressful experiences in our lives and relocating to an unfamiliar area can compound this stressful event.
JW Wood has been independently selected by Cartus, the premier provider of global relocation services, as their exclusive recommended Relocation Agent.
As your local Relocation Agent, we work together with over 600 fellow Relocation Agent offices across England, Scotland and Wales, showcasing your property to increased buyer activity and we will also help you with your onward property search wherever that may be.
Whether your relocation means moving across town or across the country, JW Wood and Relocation Agent Network can help. Relocation Agent Network is a national network of selected estate agents located around the country who can help you with your buying and selling needs.
Why are you relocating?
The Relocation Agent Network website uses the latest information to allow you to research an area before you move. By selecting the area you are interested in relocating to, the website can provide a whole range of information. Ask yourself some questions about the relocation:
- What are your reasons for relocating?
- What are your family members' priorities in the move?
- What are the important factors in your move?
- Do you need to be near primary or secondary schools and sixth form colleges?
- Do you need access to transport links, such as motorways or rail links?
- Will you have better access to local amenities, such as dentists, doctors or local shops?
- Do you need to be close to facilities such as leisure centres or parks?
- If possible try to spend some time walking around the area you are interested in relocating to, so that you can get a real feel for the place.
- If you are moving with children check the enrolment dates and procedures for local schools and their catchment areas.
- Contact your insurance company and find out about premiums and rates in the new area.
- Spend time researching the area online, Relocation Agent Network’s website is one source that can help you find out about the local area.
Buying and selling
Relocation Agent Network's buying and selling guides are full of useful tips and advice to make your relocation as smooth as possible. Relocation Agent Network members can help you in your search to find a new home or sell your old home.
Relocation Agent Network’s guide to renting provides useful hints and tips. Whatever your reason for renting, before you look for a property, make sure you are clear on exactly what you want.
Relocation services Relocation Agent Network is a trading name of Cartus, the premier provider of global relocation services, moving more than 163,000 customers worldwide in 2016. Through Cartus, Relocation Agent Network members potentially have access to out of town buyers moving into their area. Working with many blue-chip household names, Cartus relocates families to more than 185 countries worldwide. In the UK, Cartus relocates families for a number of FTSE 100 companies including: pharmaceuticals, financial services providers, telecoms companies, utility providers and retailers. As well as relocating families moving with Cartus, Relocation Agent Network helps house movers in other parts of the country, by referring buyers and sellers from one area to another.