You want to sell your house, but where do you start? There are things that you can do to make your house as appealing as possible, but there are also things that will require professional help to ensure that you get the best price and that the process is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Have a really good clear out, maybe redecorate, tidy up the garden and try to see your house through the eyes of a potential buyer. Get a friend to come and cast a critical eye round.
- Contact your mortgage lender to find out what you have outstanding on your mortgage.
- Arrange for JW Wood to advice on valuation and a marketing strategy
- Put your house on the market. At this stage JW Wood will have agreed a fee, organised an Energy Performance Certificate, prepared details including photographs and if agreed erected a for sale board.
- Your house will be advertised on the JWW website, advertised on Rightmove and On the Market websites and details will be sent to potential buyers who have registered an interest in your type of property.
- There will be a variety of forms and questionnaires to complete, to give the buyer all the information about the property to comply with the law and JW Wood will deal with this .
- JW Wood will arrange for interested buyers to view, give you feedback and pass on all offers to you which you can accept, reject or wait for a better offer, or negotiate an acceptable price. Your buyers’ mortgage lender will ask them to arrange for a survey of the property.
- Once you formally accept an offer, both parties lawyers will be instructed to arrange a contract. This can be a long process and JW Wood sales progression team will be on hand to help and assist .. Nothing is legally binding at this stage, and either party can withdraw from the sale at any point up to the date you exchange contracts.
- Arrange a date with your buyer when you will move out ; which fixtures and fittings you are leaving or prepared to sell.
- Once you know your completion date, arrange a removal company, or hire a van if you’re doing it yourself.
- On completion day you will pack up and move out of your old property and into your new one – but not before money and deeds have been transferred between the solicitors, and keys have been handed in and collected.
Lots of sales go without a hitch so DON’T PANIC! JW Wood and your solicitor are there to keep you on the right road for a successful sale.
JW Wood has been selling properties in and around Durham since 1910 so you can trust us to have the knowledge and experience to secure your property sale. All sales appraisals are carried out by our experts and come with no charge or obligation, so contact us today for your free valuation